Blurred Boat

The Division of Boating and Waterways plans to start accepting California Boater Card applications in late 2017. In the meantime, you can take a DBW approved boating safety course listed on our website and be grandfathered into receiving your card. You can find the approved safety courses for 2017 here. Once you have passed a course, please hold onto your certificate until the Division starts accepting applications. DBW will be accepting all certificates of completion dated January 1, 2015-December 31, 2017 from the approved course vendors. To see approved vendors from 2015-2016, please visit the courses page.